SCHILBACH Working mats (70cm X 40cm)
High-quality, non-slip and soft work mat or table pad with a fabric feel made of 3 mm neoprene with a surface made of nylon jersey, is ideal for violin making, model making and restoration. This pad is available in white, gray and black. A safe and washable table top.
Violin makers, bow makers and other stringed instrument makers need an excellent working mat which to fully supports them with their work.
The requirements of these are very high even if this goes unnoticed. The mat should be non-slip, splinters and chips should not easily get stuck, and at the same time it should be pleasant to touch to provide seamless support during daily use. Coating-free surfaces are necessary to rule out the possibility that solvent vapors and chemicals interfere with the varnish of the instruments and bows. A soft working mat allows comfortable working and is an optimal, secure, and scratch-free support for instruments and bows.
A positive overall picture is important for the customer, who entrusts his valuable instrument or his bow to the violin maker, bow maker, or restorer. The idea of an appealing workplace was a guiding factor for us during the design and development of the work mat. The white surface emphasizes the color of the instrument or the bow and avoids an optical influence on the hue of the objects.
SCHILBACH's work mats are handmade at a tailoring studio in Germany.
working mats in different colors
- The white work mat emphasizes the intrinsic color of the instrument or the bow and avoids any optical influence on the color of the objects. This is particularly important for creative and analytical archive photos.
- The gray work mat was specially developed by us for new buildings. The gray background gives the light wood in the new building a correspondingly good contrast and thus makes work easier. In addition, impurities are not so easy to see on the gray.
- The black work mat is particularly suitable for optical analysis with analysis lights, as the black avoids irritating, also luminous influences. This is particularly important for analytical archive photos in the corresponding light spectrum.
- Dimensions: 70cm X 40cm X 3mm
- Color: white
- Finish: Nylon jersey fine
- Total mat is untreated and free of oils or impregnating agents
- Dampening material: neoprene 2mm
- Soft knit hem: Nylon jersey fine
- Anti-slip surface on the bottom
- Fold-free roll out
- Round corners against formation of "donkey ears"
- Machine washable at 30 ° C