MICRO-MESH abrasive cloth 150 x 80 (3200 3600 4000 6000 8000 12000)
High quality very fine abrasive cloth is essential both in instrument restoration and new building processes, and also in bow making. These papers are indispensable for applications such as varnishing, and are suitable for grinding metal parts when removing scratches and polishing.
MICRO-MESH abrasive cloth
- Better surface contact: the crystals in conventional sandpaper are held at different heights and at random angles. Many never touch the working surface. The padding of the MICRO-MESH-SYSTEM allows the crystals to sink and rotate until they are aligned on the same plane. This enables a gentle, plane-like smoothing instead of grooving or rubbing the surface, thereby creating a super fine sanding pattern.
- Larger crystals: The unique "floating" MICRO-MESH crystals allow the use of relatively coarse grains to create a super fine cut. MICRO-MESH removes the increased unevenness of the usual sanding patterns without leaving deeper grooves.
- Low smear: The use of larger crystals leaves large gaps compared to the very small, abraded particles. The dust of these tiny particles. The dust from these small particles easily falls off both the crystals and the working surface.
- Reduced friction: Much of the heat generated in normal grinding is caused by dust particles sticking to the abrasive. The heat developed in this way can even merge the sanded off dust particles with the processing surface and thus create a false surface. Eventually this false surface could peel off and cause malfunctions. With MICRO-MESH, no heat can arise and therefore no fusion of the particles with the workpiece. This ensures a solid surface.
- Longevity: By avoiding the generation of heat that can break or destroy the abrasive crystals, MICRO-MESH retains its superior properties up to 15 times longer than conventional abrasives.
SCHILBACH has in stock cloth sice 150 x 80 mm